Sunday, February 17, 2013

Understanding The Gospel

I recently spoke in a Catholic Charismatic fellowship where I challenged them to do more on evangelism. The session was so electrifying that I knew the result was going to be mass evangelism at the next possible date they could fix.  For me however, it was an anticlimax because I knew that most people in that group were not genuinely saved. The ones that were saved had little knowledge about the true meaning of the Gospel. Yet they were going to go out and preach.
The little time I had for conclusion was spent on encouraging them to give their lives to Christ as a first offering before venturing into any service for God. And thereafter they must submit to instruction to "show themselves approved unto God".
My title and the following points are part of some insight I gleaned from Gbile Akanni's message on the subject.

  • You cannot offer what you don't have
  • The extent to which you have been instructed is the extent to which you can instruct.
  • It is possible for you to run all your life preaching what you think is the Gospel only to discover that you have run in vain!
  • Every preacher will give account of the kind of Gospel he is preaching.
  • The right Gospel have the capacity to keep us saved 1Cor. 15:2
  • The Gospel remains relevant for your salvation and your continuous standing.
  • Until we get to heaven, the Gospel continues to provide that which we need for our journey.
  • Our experiences, no matter how spectacular, does not constitute the Gospel 1Cor. 2.
  • The only way to bring many sons to glory is that Jesus tasted death for all men.
  • Until a man sees Christ dying for his sins, he is not yet saved.
  • You are not saved because you confessed your sins...armed robbers confess on the firing squad but they're not saved because they have not seen that Jesus died for them.
  • I am saved because Jesus died for my sins and his payment was credited to my account Rom. 6:3,4,5.
  • His death was to provide death for our old nature - if one died for all then all died...
  • He was buried to go to hell and break the powers of dark principalities and powers.
  • I was buried with him in baptism so I can rise with Him as he rose, not to stay on the ground but to ascend above where I am seated with him in heavenly places...far above demons and all powers.
  • He arose from the dead not as spirit but physically. People touched and ate with him. This means He is Alive! Amen.
  • Jesus is now a man in heaven speaking our language and feeling our feelings...He is not a ghost. The "first born among many brethren".
  • He is coming back again physically "the same way he left".

No comments:

Post a Comment